When Richard Branson offered a replacement trip to 18 disappointed hens, he wasn’t just sending them on any old holiday, he was sending them to the nation’s number one hen do destination – Las Vegas.
The gambling capital of the world beat other popular cities such as Barcelona and Amsterdam to claim the top spot in a survey carried out by hen and stag do experts, Red7.
Their survey polled more than 2,000 people across the UK and revealed:
- Las Vegas beat Barcelona as the top destination for a hen party
- Almost half of women would consider going abroad for a hen party
- A third say the ideal length for a hen trip is between 2-3 days long
- However, another third would prefer it be one day only
“The results show women are becoming more adventurous and more demanding about where they choose to go for their hen party,”
said Ian Lucas, managing director of Red7.
“With direct flights now available to Vegas it has become a hugely popular destination.
“The trend is definitely towards more glamorous and luxurious experiences and away from the tacky fancy dress pub crawls that many associate with a hen do.”
In fact, Red7’s poll showed women’s tastes in what they want from a hen party are evolving.
The results showed:
- Nearly two-thirds said they would dislike or really dislike the idea of a stripper
- Half said they didn’t like the idea of wearing L plates on their hen night
- Two thirds hated the idea of any penis-themed accessories
- Almost 70 per cent didn’t want midget entertainers
- A massive 80 per cent were against any ritual humiliation and two-thirds don’t want any pranks organised
The company, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, has just announced a 13 per cent increase in sales in the first three months of this year compared to the same period last year, proving that the UK’s desire for a far-flung pre-wedding party is more popular than ever!